Thursday, December 6, 2007

Re: [papercreters] Re: Borax, Boric Acid, Borates, Lime Quandry

I don't see a color difference in my curent mix (60# paper, 30# sand,
20# portland, and #5 slacked lime).

I do see a significant difference in color when using prickly pear juice
with lime in it. The lime quickly turns the dark green slime into a
white paint. When I mix this with paper and sand I get a unusual green /
grey coloring. Not your typical light grey papercrete coloring.

I'm not sure about plasticity and brittle changes. I've only been using
lime in two applications. One as a stucco which was a very rich mix of
things not paper and resulted in a concrete like papercrete material
(very brittle). The other application was pouring the PC into my dome
which has lath on both sides of it so I cannot realy interact with the
papercrete.

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 12:30:59AM -0000, Robert Merrill wrote:
>
> Hi Nick;
>
> I don't see the lime effecting the color....
> --- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Boersema" <picknick@...>
> wrote:
> >
> > Question for both Bob and Mikey what do you feel the lime does for
> your mix?
> > Color? Adds plasticity? Final product is less brittle?



Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/