Sunday, December 2, 2007

[papercreters] Want to make papercrete chair need help

Hello,

I want to make a papercrete chair for a public art project I am
working on. I have known about papercrete for years, but never had a
chance to make it. At this point I have made a form(it is the back
and seat of a chair, kinda clunky so it just looks like a big letter
"L" with no legs. I have pulped up five buckets of paper and I just
wanted to due a test so I mixed a bit of the wet pulp with some
quickcrete. I did that last night, thinking it would be ready by
morning. It is sitting in a bucket and it still has not solitified.
Is that because the paper holds water too well and it can't drain our
of the bucket? I noticed a lot of the forms people are using are open
on the bottom, is that to let the water drain out? If anyone has
experience with this, I would love to know. I am hopeing to pour
today, can someone email me, or call

thanks
Matthew
mmazzotta99@hotmail.com
315 521 1399


Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/