Friday, February 21, 2014

RE: [papercreters] SUMMER VOLUNTEERS- NM



Since I saw Charmaine's message this morning I have been thinking about how and when to do this. Ideally the sooner the better but of course after the windy season. I had someone come out a few years ago in April and we hardly had a good day to work with the wind and snow. So late May or June would be best, before the monsoons. I also have to plan a place for people to stay as the plan is to have those trailers I lived in hauled away. If they were still there (which an early date would ensure) then I could probably work out something with the owner. I do not want to take any money for this gathering but will have to figure out the expenses both for materials and food. I am very open to suggestions. My neighbor up on the mesa may let us park some campers and hook up  to his electricity for a few days but on the other hand he may still be mad at me for something that happened a few months ago. No need to go there Emoji. So that's where I am with it. I am a notoriously bad organizer and planner so will accept with appreciation any and all suggestions.


To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 14:20:49 -0700
Subject: Re: [papercreters] SUMMER VOLUNTEERS- NM

 
That was a fun gathering in a beautiful place...

http://starship-enterprises.net/pcgathering1/evelynspix/

http://starship-enterprises.net/pcgathering1/


On 2/21/2014 12:52 PM, Charmaine Taylor wrote:
Hi Judith-  I'd be very interested to come out..my schedule is open, I am retired now, there are some serious limits on physical ability, but I have 3 good hours a day,(and 2 more after a nap)  and can help  in any way except heavy lifting or high on ladders.

I can bring my written recipe mixes+ samples or send them in advance for testing, I LOVE plastering walls, my favorite part.

I need an excuse to start traveling.

PS to other Crete-friendly folk --she held a workshop years ago and several attended and I was sorry to have missed it..hands on, no matter your experience is the best way to learn.
--
Charmaine

Charmaine Taylor/Publishing & Elk River Press
PO Box 375 Cutten CA 95534
www.papercrete.com

Some people forget that their beliefs don't make them a better person. 
*Their behavior does*

"Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones. And when you have laboriously accomplised your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake." 
(Victor Hugo, 1802-1885)
 
 

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4335 / Virus Database: 3705/7114 - Release Date: 02/21/14





__._,_.___



__,_._,___