Saturday, February 22, 2014

RE: [papercreters] PLANS FOR SUMMER NM PLASTER



Thanks Charmaine< I always think of you as the most experienced one. I so much appreciate the input on expenses. One thing I really need to do before all of this happens is make sure the neighbor turns my water back on. I heard through a 3rd party that he shut it off because a pipe was leaking. Also I am pretty sure my mixer is toast. I do have an alternate plan though.I am shooting for early June so as to beat the heat and the monsoons. I have sort of abandoned the place and notice things are deteriorating. Who is it that took pics and would not share? That is not allowed on my projects. We all share. Anyway gotta go. Thanks again and keep in touch. I'm headed to no wifi zone for a couple of days


To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: charmainertaylor@gmail.com
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 14:18:57 -0800
Subject: [papercreters] PLANS FOR SUMMER NM PLASTER

 

Judith I will email you off list.  

Yes Kaolin clay may work,  people SHOULD be expected to pay for their food, and bring tent/bedroll/any special needs, work clothes.

you are not a charity, and even if you are getting the help, they get experience not found elsewhere especially from one as experienced as you. Thats one reason I want to come

When you did the last one I offered to post a report on it, but the guy who recorded some of it refused to share photos or info (some college teacher who mistrusted my intent unfortunately) 

Spaceman I can't open the pics or link you shared

I've seen/participated in  many SB/Ferro/StrayClay etc  teaching events, workshops and classes on jobsites, and it is normal to pay your own way and not expect the host to cover. 

I can sleep in my Subaru, and if you  arrange buying food/ related materials we should be able to pay you before or upon arrival.

I hate the heat, so before the  hot part is best--or late summer?


we can figure it out

 everyone needs to be an independent spirit with willing hands, a few Ive seen expected a city level indoor seminar with no work on their part. The leader ended up working almost by herself  to plaster a 1400 sq ft bale dome while  lazy ones sat and smoked pot and discussed the beauty of natural building… they liked the theory over practice…(but this is Humboldt County so that was the norm)  I know this group isn't like that...

--
Charmaine

Charmaine Taylor/Publishing & Elk River Press
PO Box 375 Cutten CA 95534
www.papercrete.com

Some people forget that their beliefs don't make them a better person. 
*Their behavior does*

"Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones. And when you have laboriously accomplised your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake." 
(Victor Hugo, 1802-1885)
 
 



__._,_.___



__,_._,___