Friday, August 12, 2011

Re: [papercreters] Re: Erik Brandalls PTO Mixer



PTO

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 9:48 PM, Rusty S <slaytonfarms@gmail.com> wrote:
 

Due to the overwhelming response to this post. I will attempt it in another version.

I am in the middle of making a OTO driven mixer similar to, if not a clone of Erik Brandalls. Has anyone some across issues that I need to address in the build portion of this particular project? More specifically to the seal between the tank and gear box? Though any suggestion or "don't repeat my mistake" type advice would be deeply appreciated.

On a side note I have put a four deep caliche filled tire foundation in so far. I was going to do a PC form on the first layer as my tire wall resemebles a camels back in places. Then PC block the rest. Using old oilfield pipe as a rafter system with Cotton-trailer walls as a primary roof form for a PC roof fill.

I have most of the materials on hand, with the afore mentioned foundation already back-breakingly done.. Just starting my PC portion.

Thanks in advance,
Rusty Slayton.



--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Rusty S" <slaytonfarms@...> wrote:
>
> I was planning on making a PTO Mixer similar to the one you have pictured in the photos section. What type of gear box are you using here and how are you sealing it from water? I was going to make something similar but was affraid that the brushhog gear box I was going to use would fill with water as it is upside down.
>
> I look forward to hearing from you.
>
> Rusty Slayton
> slaytonfarms@...
>




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___