Friday, August 5, 2011

Re: [papercreters] Any tow-behind mixer for sale in New Mexico



No, you would not want to pull one with a blade at anything over about 20mph. The ones I sold over the years mostly left in the back of a pickup.  I'm still using old #1, doubt that I'll ever be truly done with it.

Rural areas often have older vehicles sitting around with good differentials in them. Junkyards are more expensive. When I bought my first one I talked to the owner of the junkyard and got him interested in what I was doing. He had a couple of workers cut the front off a burnt out travel trailer and weld it to an axle in the right orientation, and put on decent tires. I drove out of there for less than $300, and about $200 in a tank, plywood, blade, and various small parts finished it off. That doesn't include the labor and time driving around chasing parts. I had to drive about fifty miles to find a feed store with a cattle tank. It took about two days of work to get it together and working.

What part of NM are you in? I'm not in NM, but I can see it from my front door.

spaceman  

On 8/5/2011 2:47 PM, ken winston caine wrote:
Not sure how in the world I would get it to my property. (You wouldn't pull one of these down the freeway at 65 mph, would you? With the blade whirring in the back. I don't think so, but I could be wrong.)  Before I start gathering parts to make one, thought I'd check and see if someone has one already built that works well that they are truly done with and would like to sell.  Best, ken     


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___