Friday, August 5, 2011

[papercreters] Tow Mixer Construction



Greetings,
Please tell me the reason for the plywood layer under the tank.
Is it because the stock tanks are so thin?
 
Here is what I am thinking.
 
I have a 1988 Ford F-150 pickup I am getting ready to scrap out.
There is my rear axle.
 
I have a heavy steel 500 gallon round fuel oil tank.
I will cut it in half and have two 250 gallon tanks.
I will just need to build a cover.
I could just cut the bottom out of the second tank.
 
I have a very old frame from a boat trailer.
I am seeing that as a perfect frame to weld to the axle and set the tank on.
 
Somewhere around here I have several NOS 24" mower blades.
 
What about getting very radical and cutting the tank neatly to fit the diff. then welding it?
 
 
Alan in Michigan
 


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___