Wednesday, July 9, 2008

[papercreters] Moveable Mass -was- Re: Ed Conley - Silver City Papercrete Home

Welcome "x"

I look forward to following your progress. It sounds like you are
moving down a path that I'd like to tread on eventually.

I see a great deal of advantages to having a large thermal mass that
can be moved around with very very little expenditure of energy. It
will allow for the kind of control over an environment that most
modern homeowners take for granted. Being able to take advantage of
solar power, wind power, seasonal temperature variations, and store
the energy for easy use later is nice. Being able to put that energy
to use months later with the fingertip control of a simple thermostat
can make it all transparent to the person sitting in the home reading
the newspaper.

I particularly like the ability to store energy in the water from a
wide variety of sources, whichever ones make the most sense at a
particular site, or at a particular time. Are my solar collectors
gathering more energy than I need right now? Store it in the tank!
Wind blowing really strong? Store it.

The solution may not be everyone's choice, but I sure like the
possibilities and flexibility.


--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "x" <personx@...> wrote:
>
> >
> > Working in the construction biz I've heard of people building 7,
8, 10
> > sq feet in this area of Calif.
>
> an 8 sq. foot house would be say 2 feet by 4 feet, those
California's are
> sure some crazy folks :+)
> It reminds me of a few times going cross-country in an old vw bug
and
> sleeping in the back seat at night in rest areas. not something I'd
like to
> do every night at home.
>
> Let me introduce myself here, after making that kidding comment.
I've been
> reading for a couple of weeks and have a few test blocks drying
outside(5gal
> pale and drill). I have a solar project in the works and am looking
at PC to
> insulate my 1000 gal. water tank that will sit outside. it's really
and old
> fuel tank that someone gave me, which I will convert to a hot water
tank for
> this experiment. I live in Virginia so it's not as hot and dry as
the
> southwest and I'm thinking of making a solar shed of some short to
help in
> drying the blocks. I'm still doing my research now and working on a
> towmixer, or should I say working on the axle right now. At this
time I'm
> just as wet and green as my blocks.
>
> -x-
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/