Monday, July 7, 2008

[papercreters] LOL - ant with a picnic spread!!!

Actually - it took me a year and a half to put vinyl siding on a two
story house about 20 years ago. If you look at it as "I'm just
putting siding/papercrete on this section", you can knock a big
project down to a managable (unscary) size. You just have to keep at
it. 10 feet a day adds up. So does two blocks a day.

I have a trailer made from the back end of a pick-up truck; it has
the turnie-thing (technical term) to drive the mixer blade (going
back to Spaceman's tow mixer) once it is repositioned. I can keep my
eyes open for the other stuff and see if I can make a convertable
trailer/mixer.

Getting the house covered by winter just isn't going to happen. I
figure the house is plenty livable, just not green or economical as
is. I think if I can get the foundation blocks and/or skirting
panels in place by winter I'll be doing good. Then I can make blocks
throughout the winter (I have a place to work and store them) -
that'll give me a start next spring.

Speaking of foundation blocks - I have to research some more, but it
sounds like a bit of extra concrete and lime (for waterproofing)
should provide a block suitable for foundations. The Grant County Ag
Extention office couldn't give me a depth of frostline, but agreed
that 8-10" should be plenty.


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/