Tuesday, July 29, 2008

[papercreters] Re: PC+Woodchips+sawdust = OK?

I hadn't thought about lime, but it makes sense. I'll make sure I have
some on hand when I start doing test blocks. Unfortunatly that will
not be for a couple of weeks.

I do have some latex paint, and I'm planning on trying adding it too.

I was going to ask if you knew the R-value for mother-in-laws, but
since they tend to generate so much heat, I should ask for a BTU rating.

==>paul


>
> Add lime to your papercrete. It will help it adhere to things
> better. This is not a panacea, but it's helpful.
>
> Generally speaking. Papercrete doesn't really like to stick to
> things very well.
>
> Well... maybe it does. I just sticks to the wrong things.
>
> It sticks to my hair pretty well.
> It likes sticking to my clothes, especially my socks.
> It seems to be very attracted to anything that has a pretty paint job
> or finish... like cars... or furniture...
>
> I wonder how well it would stick to ... A MOTHER IN LAW?
> (I'll allow someone else to report on that experiment. Pictures
> requested!)
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/