Sunday, October 3, 2010

Re: [papercreters] Second Annual Papercreters Gathering



Yes, Spaceman we sent you an email last wednesday that we would be in El Paso on Wednesday and wanted to come by. Since we didn't hear back from you we assumed you were busy.
We will be back on Monday tomorrow, if that will work for you let us know would love to see your PC project.
 Ron & Doris
 

--- On Sat, 10/2/10, Evelyn Vollmer <evelynanne8@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Evelyn Vollmer <evelynanne8@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Second Annual Papercreters Gathering
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 12:49 PM

 
Yes, when I was there, at Doris and Ron's, they talked about stopping and see you on their way to Germany to see their grandbaby.

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Spaceman <Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net> wrote:
 
You got better response than I did to that offer, but then you are a lot better looking than I am :)  I also have a standing offer to anyone who wants to come hang out for an indefinite time to learn and or teach. I have lots of camping room and make a pretty good pot of beans, and homemade bread.

When you plan your trip be sure to include El Paso as one stop along the way, or even your final destination. Speaking of which, Ron and Doris were talking about passing through but I haven't heard back from them. I wonder what happened? Maybe it's the yahoo delayed message thing that is going on.

Possibly I should do another poll with spring as the target, perhaps April.
spaceman  All opinions expressed or implied are subject to change without notice upon receipt of new information.  http://Starship-Enterprises.Net

On 10/2/2010 8:39 AM, JUDITH WILLIAMS wrote:
I also find it hard to plan months in advance. With papercrete or any type of building that you do yourself (not having the bank or homeowner breathing down your neck and basically planning as you go along) it's hard to know where you will be with a project at any specific time. That's why I put out the word this summer that I would be happy to have help whenever people could make it. I had 2 takers on the poffer and had a great deal of help with the first courses and the roof.
 
I know the object of the gathering is to get a group together for some learning and fun but that is hard to do.
 
I hope to be able to take a trip some time this year but most likely it will be a last minute thing. And if there is a gathering in the spring I will probably be there. I say we just keep trying and see what happens.

The Making of Papercrete DVD now available on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Making-Papercrete-Judith-Williams/dp/B0040ZNE9A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1283998627&sr=8-1

Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog

More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith



 

To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 19:01:21 -0600
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Second Annual Papercreters Gathering

 
Well, weather is the main factor once I get past all that is on my plate the next month or so. If it doesn't work out this fall maybe it'll get pushed to spring. Unfortunately there is not much way to nail it down to a specific date months ahead.
spaceman  All opinions expressed or implied are subject to change without notice upon receipt of new information.  http://Starship-Enterprises.Net

On 9/22/2010 2:28 PM, Perry Way wrote:
I wanted to go but I'll be taking next week off as vacation time.  I have to notify like months in advance for time off here even though I've acquired weeks of time off I can't just use it at will.  If it's later on in 2010 there's a possibility I can attend but not on this time suggested :(

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 9:19 AM, Spaceman <Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net> wrote:
 
I was sort of volunteered to host the 2nd annual gathering. It is about to cool down now, was only 91 yesterday. I'm thinking that by the end of October the weather will be great for working outside, so I'm tentatively looking at the last weekend, including Halloween.

Feedback? Anyone up for it, or have a better suggestion for dates?

Location is near El Paso, TX on my property. Lots of room to camp or park your RV, and the daytime weather will be probably mid 70's, with nights getting down to possible frost temperatures. We usually have our first frost about that time.

If there is interest I'll come up with a formal invite and more details.

--  spaceman  All opinions expressed or implied are subject to change without notice upon receipt of new information.  http://Starship-Enterprises.Net

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 9.0.851 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3152 - Release Date: 09/22/10 00:34:00

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 9.0.856 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3171 - Release Date: 10/01/10 12:34:00



--
"If you give yourself fully to this moment the next moment will turn out just right."

- Sequoyah Trueblood





__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___