Sunday, December 20, 2009

RE: [papercreters] Foundation



By deterioration I mean that the bags just fell apart, as plastic does when it's exposed to the sun for a long period of time. When I saw that they were doing that I mixed up some quick crete and covered that exposed bags which solved the problem. I should have done that right at the start but it just got postponed until the situation couldn't be ignored.

I did have in mind when I came up with this plan that it would serve as a french drain and also provide some insulation for the foundation.

Sincerely, Judith

Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith




i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me



To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: glenneth@TheFINE-ARTcafe.org
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 09:17:40 -0800
Subject: [papercreters] Foundation

 
To further my comment about our coffee bag / rock foundation ... it
raised above the ground 8-10" ( if I recall correct ) AND I believe
in the finishing ... they planned a cement facing in form to lay
against the bags. Since they were I believe fiberglass / plastic
bags ( maybe the polypropylene Judith mentions ) .. they also worked
as a moisture barrier IF I recall correct. Not sure what Judith
refers to as depetiorated ( not sure what this means ) ... but the
barbed wire & cement facing .. would minimize slippage .

I actually haven't actually seen the building since .. but I'm sure
with a pre call .... someone could arrange to see it. It's @ Taylor
Made ( organic coffee ) farm in Occidental CA. It was a very cool
little straw bale / cobb combo .. done @ a 3 week summer workshop put
on by " Art Everywhere " collaborating with Vital Systems.

Ho , ho , ho Glenneth



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___