Monday, December 14, 2009

[papercreters] RE: Papercrete by Judith



Thank you Hans. The children look so happy and proud, as well they should. Did they make the blocks themselves? I appreciate your comment about the bureaucracies and having to figure snow loads in Africa. How funny. I didn't realize that papercrete had been demonstrated in Europe. Can't remember where you said it was. Are you aware of the yahoo papercreter's group? I will cc this to them so you will have the address.

Sincerely, Judith

Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith




i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me



Subject: Re: Papercrete by Judith
From: granheitmann@t-online.de
To: williams_judith@hotmail.com
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 17:00:00 +0000

T-Online eMail   "JUDITH WILLIAMS" <williams_judith@hotmail.com> schrieb:
Hans Heitmann Wednesday, 12/9/09, 10:10 AM
 

Dear Judith! Your video clips are very instructing and give hope that you shall enjoy your home. I understand they were made in April 2007 so the house should be ready by now. In Germany the weather conditions are quite poor so we ended up building a demo house in our primary school for education purposes. If you like I can produce a power point presentation of the construction process that still goes on since 2006. The pupils do everything by hand, only the electric drill is used for mixing the mortar. Good luck! Hans
 

From: Germany

Email: granheitmann@t-online.de
 
Hello Hans, thank you so much for your message. I am so excited about your school! Weather conditions are bad here so I am spending my time getting a new blog going. I had a group of experienced papercreters here the last weekend of September and we started a new project - a 12 x 16 building. I decided on a new method which involved a combination of blocks and slip forming. I had planned to video the whole thing but my camera happened to be out of commission those days so all I have are still shots. The plan is to go through all of the and recreate the weekend.

Regarding the house in the DVD. I got to the point where I was getting ready to put the roof on and the building inspector came by and shut down the project because I didn't have a permit. So I stopped working on it and did a few other things. The building is still sitting there unfinished. During this time a good thing happened. Someone made me an offer on the property so it is being sold. The buyer is talking about finishing the house. I started my new building on a 2 acre parcel right across the street which I am now buying. Not a good idea to build on land I don't own but the workshop was planned before the land deal was done. The new building is not permitted either but it's OK because it is under 200 square feet.

Yes I would love to see what your students are doing. I am a tech dummy so am not sure how a power point presentation works but would love to have some pictures. I will probably use them on the new blog, with your permission of course.

How did you learn of papercrete? How old are your students? I bet they love working on the house. Don't you think it's the perfect medium for kids? I'm thinking of doing a children's workshop where they can build a dog house of playhouse. What do you think?

The address of the blog is www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog. It is in the construction phase right now but I hope you will visit regularly.

Sincerely, Judith

Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith




Sincerely, Judith

Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith




i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me
 


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___