Friday, March 27, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Snip This

And the voice of experience speaks. Thanks Clyde, and have a great day.

--- On Fri, 3/27/09, clydetcurry <clyde@evesgarden.org> wrote:

From: clydetcurry <clyde@evesgarden.org>
Subject: [papercreters] Snip This
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, March 27, 2009, 9:19 PM

The subject of acrylics in , or on papercrete is something I have experience with. The evaluations as to its breath ability seem accurate to me. I first painted my buildings with dryloc then flat acrylic exterior paint over top.This worked to shed water, but not to stop it. Then when I began to use high reactivity metakaolin pozzolan, in my plasters, the dryloc would not stick.There was no excess lime to react with the pozzolan. The breathlabilty of the flat acrylic was fortunate since I had locked in a lot of water with my old mixes. With my new mixes, which include aggregate for drainage, and pozzalon to react the excess lime from the portland reaction, I am obtaining dry conditions in 3-4 weeks - I then apply cheap reject acrylic paint till I have filled the surface - then 2 Coats of high gloss acrylic - for a durable finish - now my rooms are all dry - Good Luck and Keep snipping - the Gods love Us - Clyde




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___