Tuesday, March 17, 2009

RE: [papercreters] Re: Papercrete a substitute for Poolcrete???

That’s great News, thank you,

Janosh

 


From: papercreters@yahoogroups.com [mailto:papercreters@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Ernie Phelps
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 11:51 AM
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [papercreters] Re: Papercrete a substitute for Poolcrete???

 

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Janoahsh" <janoahsh@...> wrote:
>
> Yeah, good question. We know that papercrete wicks, and absorbs
> moisture, but is that a problem other than Mold. In other words,
> will papercrete break down with repeated or continuous dampness or
> submersion?

So far for me, no. =)

I am using it as a substrate for gravel beds and cement molded pathways (quik-crete path molds) and it is holding up just fine as long as I keep the portland content at or above about 25%. I did have some breakdown in the first year with my initial mix that was only 10-15% portland.

I am starting year 3 with PC on the ground. And I still have my first cast sitting outside in my side yard. I go beat it with a hammer once in a while just to make sure it is holding up.

You can look at photos section to see a bit more detail if you like.

- Ernie



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___