Monday, March 16, 2009

RE: [papercreters] Boric acid

I pulled this out of my files.  I’ll see what else I can dig up.

Janosh

 

From: papercreters@yahoogroups.com on behalf of Mikey Sklar [sklarm-yahoo@screwdecaf.cx]
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 7:25 PM
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Re: Borax, Boric Acid, Borates, Lime Quandry

I too have given up on boric acid in search of a cost effective
formula. This is my current mix that I've been impressed with its
rapid dry time and strength. If I had access to tons of local clay
I'd switch over to Mr. Merrill's mix.

60lbs paper
30lbs dry sand
20lbs Portland cement
5lbs slacked lime

On Dec 4, 2007, at 7:52 PM, Robert Merrill wrote:

>
> Hi Eric;
>
> As you know I have been working on F/C formulas for a day or two.
> I do
> not recommend the use of Borax. The following formula has been in
> use by
> me for over five years and has some excellant qualities. It is the
> most
> durable, and cost effective formula that meets the need for low to
> non-existent shrinkage with super adhesion characteristics. By dry
> weight: 60# fibre; 10# prtld'; 10# lime; 10# clay; 10# sand. Mix in
> that
> order by adding the binders to the emulsified fibre. It will prduce a
> light-weight, highly insulative, fire resistent, easily sprayed
> material.
>
> Best Wishes Bob
>
>

 

 


From: papercreters@yahoogroups.com [mailto:papercreters@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of smt460
Sent: Sunday, March 15, 2009 3:47 PM
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [papercreters] Boric acid

 

Does anyone know the %of boric acid used for fire proofing pc and where to find it
thx Clair



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___