Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Re: [papercreters] Re: Burlap-Crete (John Annesley's original post about it.)



Hi Jay
I saw his other post that had the links to the pictures,,,,,,,
Too bad they are gone now.
I took a look through the Photos on the group page but I did not find them there either.
It is a great explanation though.
 
Alan in Michigan

From: JayH <slurryguy@yahoo.com>
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 2, 2013 11:00 AM
Subject: [papercreters] Re: Burlap-Crete (John Annesley's original post about it.)

In another thread, someone mentioned John Annesley's Burlap-Crete.

I knew John was a member of our group, and I knew he had posted about it previously, so I looked it up.  Instead of just posting a link to his post on the topic, I decided to reply to it so that my post would quote his words entirely.  So, here I am replying to a post that is over 5 years old.  Better late than never, right? 

The post below was written by John on March 4, 2008.
The url for a direct link to the page I got this from is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/message/5432

Enjoy this trip through the way-back machine everyone.  I sure hope the Flux Capacitor in the Delorean holds together for the trip home.  Oh crap!... I better get a move-on.  I see Biff headed for me.

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "John Annesley" <John@...> wrote:
>
> There's a few folks that have used burlap soaked in cement slurry and
> draped it over wire formwork, therefore being able to build a house
> with  a similar approach as a large piece of sculpture. Another way is
> to stretch the burlap over an armature and paint a weak cement
> solution on it, building up layers-- which takes about forever unless
> you have lots of people. I've tried a bunch of different mixes and
> have come up with one that works so well its just about amazing: my
> exterior walls are made this way, 1,200 square feet!

SNIP
 
  I'm not at 'my' computer now, I'll add a follow up with
> pictures soon.    John A
>




------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
    papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/



 


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___