Saturday, July 6, 2013

[papercreters] Papercrete - Mojave Desert Trials

Hi,

Well, I've got plenty of shredded paper, so I've mixed up my first batch of papercrete.

I attached a group of pictures in the photos (the group is called Mojave Desert Trials).

Please let me know how I can do this better...

(1) 55 gallon drum of shredded paper soaked in water for 24 hours.
(2) Mix with drill.
(2) Remove 15 gallons paper and add 15 gallons sand dune sand.
(3) Mix with drill.
(4) Fill 5 gallon bucket with mixture and add 0.5 gallon portland cement
(5) Mix with drill.
(6) Place in 12' metal mold. (Takes four 5 gallon buckets.

I included the first 30" mold I made.

The papecrete is drying in 108 degree temperatures.

Q1: How long should I wait before removing from the mold.

NOTE: The 30 inch prototype was removed a little after an hour.
The first 12' mold was removed a little longer than a day.

Q2: How long should I let dry before moving?


Thanks!

- Papercrete Paul

Mojave Desert near Trona, CA





------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/