Thursday, July 4, 2013

[papercreters] Re: Burlap-Crete (John Annesley's original post about it.)

Jay and Alan,

His blog has some pictures:

<http://annesley.wordpress.com/burlap-crete-explained/>

Thanks for reminding us about this idea.

Bobby

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, Alan <rustaholic777@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Jay
> I saw his other post that had the links to the pictures,,,,,,,
> Too bad they are gone now.
> I took a look through the Photos on the group page but I did not find them there either.
> It is a great explanation though.
>  
> Alan in Michigan
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: JayH <slurryguy@...>
> To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Tuesday, July 2, 2013 11:00 AM
> Subject: [papercreters] Re: Burlap-Crete (John Annesley's original post about it.)
>
>
> In another thread, someone mentioned John Annesley's Burlap-Crete.
>
> I knew John was a member of our group, and I knew he had posted about it previously, so I looked it up.  Instead of just posting a link to his post on the topic, I decided to reply to it so that my post would quote his words entirely.  So, here I am replying to a post that is over 5 years old.  Better late than never, right? 
>
> The post below was written by John on March 4, 2008.
> The url for a direct link to the page I got this from is:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/message/5432
>
> Enjoy this trip through the way-back machine everyone.  I sure hope the Flux Capacitor in the Delorean holds together for the trip home.  Oh crap!... I better get a move-on.  I see Biff headed for me.
>
> --- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "John Annesley" <John@> wrote:
> >
> > There's a few folks that have used burlap soaked in cement slurry and
> > draped it over wire formwork, therefore being able to build a house
> > with  a similar approach as a large piece of sculpture. Another way is
> > to stretch the burlap over an armature and paint a weak cement
> > solution on it, building up layers-- which takes about forever unless
> > you have lots of people. I've tried a bunch of different mixes and
> > have come up with one that works so well its just about amazing: my
> > exterior walls are made this way, 1,200 square feet!
>
>
> SNIP
>
>   I'm not at 'my' computer now, I'll add a follow up with
> > pictures soon.    John A
> >
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>



------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/