Tuesday, January 29, 2013

[papercreters] Papercrete siding?

Hello Everyone,

I just recently found out about papercrete and it sounds like it might be something I want to use for a project. I searched the archives looking for info on using papercrete for siding but didn't come up with much.

Here's my situation: I own a 1960's church that my wife and I are turning into a community center. It needs a lot of work.

The walls are 2x4 framing with no insulation, 1/2" plywood sheathing, tar paper, and cedar shingles that were installed incorrectly and should have been replaced 10 years ago. The walls are 24' high with 1' roof overhangs. The location is Eugene, Oregon. It rains a lot here and the walls get lots of sun and rain.

Can I use papercrete for siding?

Here's my thinking: strip the shingles, add house wrap, build 4'x8'x3.5" panels of papercrete. Screw them to the walls. Papercrete the seams. Paint with . . . what?

Will this work?

I appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Thanks much,

Charlie Magee



------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/