Wednesday, April 27, 2011

RE: [papercreters] Everybody working hard?



Well there are pictures. I swear I saw them. Maybe I will try to resend them. I am also trying to get a garden going. I am making raised berds but having trouble coming up with enough soil to fill them.

"There are none happy in the world but being who enjoy freely a vast horizon." Damodora

Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog

More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith





To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 20:39:30 -0600
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Everybody working hard?

 
what attached pictures?

I'm gardening and thinking about a new mixer design. Haven't dragged the power washer out yet, thinking the new design might be more fun. Hard to get motivated when the wind is blowing 50+mph outside all day and night.

spaceman

All opinions expressed or implied
are subject to change without notice
upon receipt of new information.

http://Starship-Enterprises.Net

On 4/27/2011 8:30 PM, JUDITH WILLIAMS wrote:
Sorry I didn't think to explain. They are the big logs used as rafters. You can see them in the attached pictures..

"There are none happy in the world but being who enjoy freely a vast horizon." Damodora

Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog

More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith





To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: lilyklink@yahoo.com
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 18:37:53 -0700
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Everybody working hard?

 

What's vigas?
 
Joy


From: JUDITH WILLIAMS <williams_judith@hotmail.com>
To: papercreters papercreters <papercreters@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wed, April 27, 2011 8:02:30 PM
Subject: RE: [papercreters] Everybody working hard? [5 Attachments]

 
I've been doing some interior papercrete plaster on my little bldg #2. First I built out and sculpted around the windows with a cob mix then went over it with plaster made with about 1 part mulched paper and 1 part a mix of clay soil and sand. I used a piece of fabric to hold the cob in place.

 I also got up on the roof and put another layer up there. I had forgotten in the fall that I intended to do another course at the back of the roof. Then a few weeks ago I noticed that I could see sunlight coming through a big crack. I had someone here helping me in the fall and we were sort of burned out after 2 weeks of doing the roof among other things so we left it where it was. The way I did the roof was to first put the vigas then lay some of that reed matting over it. When I got to doing the papercrete roof the combination of a thin layer of pc and the reed matting interfering with the bond made a weak spot where a long crack developed. We had no precipitation for many months so nothing came in. Now it's all fixed but I think I will continue to build up the roof.

"There are none happy in the world but being who enjoy freely a vast horizon." Damodora

Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog

More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith






To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: janoahsh@alaska.net
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 14:02:19 -0800
Subject: RE: [papercreters] Everybody working hard?

 

Planting the greenhouse and working on the boats

 

 

-----Original Message-----
From: papercreters@yahoogroups.com [mailto:papercreters@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of countryatheartok
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:49 PM
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [papercreters] Everybody working hard?

 

 

I guess since the weather has started to warm, everybody is out mixing PC? LOL ;-)

I plan to start again soon, just waiting for more sustained warmer weather, we've had some very warm days up in the high 80's but the next day it will be back down in the 60's.

I getting itchy to get back at it.

BTB




No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 10.0.1321 / Virus Database: 1500/3601 - Release Date: 04/27/11




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___