Friday, April 29, 2011

RE: [papercreters] Everybody working hard?



Hi Pam, I'm sorry but I must have deleted your email that had more info about what you were doing with papercrete. Making birdhouses? How do you do it? How are they coming out? Do you have any pictures? I would say that if the papercrete is holding up well enough to make a birdhouse that doesn't fall apart then you must be doing something right. Oh I just happened to think that I have a problem with my chickens eating papercrete. I used some old blocks I had as a little raised bed wall for my tomato plants and the chickens just about devoured it. So I hope the birds are smart enough to not eat their houses.

What formula have you been using for your papercrete and how have you been mixing it? What ages are your kids? I think it's great that they want to do this with you. I remember when mine were little. My son, then about 4 and I made adobe blocks and left them to set up. The next day we saw that they had been trampled on by dogs and ruined. I have had some dog damage to papercrete but not much. Sometimes they step into it but they jump right out.

"There are none happy in the world but being who enjoy freely a vast horizon." Damodora

Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog

More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith





To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: honeyland12@yahoo.com
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 17:17:32 -0700
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Everybody working hard?

 

 I just wished I new wht I was doin I have my kids makin birdhouses outta PC but not sure if I made it right or not, plz help?



From: countryatheartok <criswells.ok@sbcglobal.net>
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, April 27, 2011 2:49:21 PM
Subject: [papercreters] Everybody working hard?

 
I guess since the weather has started to warm, everybody is out mixing PC? LOL ;-)

I plan to start again soon, just waiting for more sustained warmer weather, we've had some very warm days up in the high 80's but the next day it will be back down in the 60's.

I getting itchy to get back at it.

BTB





__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___