Wednesday, March 2, 2011

[papercreters] RE: Hi Judith - papercrete



Wow Erma, what an ego boost right at the start of the day! I will take some time later and do some research on using papercrete for sculptures. Are you aware of the papercreters group on Yahoo? I will cc them with this so you'll have the address. We had a fun little competition a couple of years ago and some people did the most creative things with papercrete. I believe there are quite a few pictures on the Yahoo site. There is also an archive of formulas and recipes for different applications. I'm on my way out to my project now to finish a little banco (sort of a bench that extends from the fireplace) and extend the hearth so I can get going on the floor. As I say, I'll get back to you later with whatever I find that may help you.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ in Memoirs of the Life and Writings of Benjamin Franklin

Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog

More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith





From: smile.l.e@shaw.ca
To: williams_judith@hotmail.com
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 10:43:13 -0600
Subject: Hi Judith - papercrete

Your videos are so informative and helpful.   You are great, especially for those of us who are a little "older" with an independent spirit that want to do things on our own, whether it is optional or not.    Your attitude is great and I admire you.

I am only interested, at this point, in making planters - want to start small - the shed will come next - the house?   Well.....I live in Canada and it might not survive the chronic wet conditions of our climate.   But my first few attempts at making planters and ornamental mushrooms was a dismal failure.   I used 1 part cement, 6 parts paper and 1-2 parts sand.   I just tried it between 2 cardboard boxes and although the boxes swelled and curved, I rather like that.  After 40 hours I tried to peel off the cardboard and the whole thing broke apart.     I tried it a second time and one wall came loose.    I am gentle but discouraged.   Have you any suggestions.   I have been up and down google but haven't found anyone with that problem.    If you are building houses !!!  how can I be having such problems with 2'x4' planter boxes???

I hope you can shed some light on this mystery.   Your work looks perfect, easy and cheap, using up all that paper.   

Keep up the good work.

Erma

If you require a speedy reply to your email, please phone instead of waiting for an email response.



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___