Monday, January 31, 2011

Re: [papercreters] Updates please?



Encase your water tank in a couple of feet of papercrete and then it won't matter so much if you keep it hot 24/7. The online calculations I did say that with 12" of papercrete on my dome I only need 85 degree water in the floor if it is 9 degrees outside. That shouldn't be too hard to achieve, and the temperature isn't often anywhere near that low. It was below 20 maybe six or seven mornings so far this winter.

I had a heater all picked out and then noticed in the specs that it said don't use above 1,600' altitude. Since I live just above 4,000 I'm still looking. There are several on ebay that are in the $200-300 range, even with free shipping in the lower 48. I have to sit down and compare specs and make a decision tomorrow. I'm open to suggestions if anyone knows of a good deal. So far the ones I'm looking at say 85% efficient. It's too bad ebay doesn't have a compare button like so many of the online stores have. : )

spaceman  All opinions expressed or implied are subject to change without notice upon receipt of new information.  http://Starship-Enterprises.Net

On 1/31/2011 12:58 PM, Greg House wrote:
Hey Spaceman,   I realize this is a little OT, but which tankless water heater did you pick for  your radiant heat system? I have a big 60gal propane tank unit that's heating my  house now, but I'm supplementing with the woodstove and am wondering if it makes  sense to keep all that water hot when it's only used part of the night.  Oh...let's see...on topic...I haven't done any papercrete yet. Keep thinking  about it, and am still interested, but I need to finish up some other work  first.   Thanks, Greg


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___