Saturday, August 16, 2008

[papercreters] papercrete water tank

Hi all, thought it was time to poke my head out of the water
again and give a shout out to some of the beautiful people inhabiting
my planet. Thanx Spaceman for the tow/mixer photos... now I have to
build one...and thanx slurryguy for helping keep this group as tight
as it is and ya'll know what I'm talking about. Now, I have another
question for the group. I'm building a 5000 gal. cistern/swimming
pool/water tank and crazy enough to think that 12" thick papercrete
walls slipformed into a 12" thick rebarred ferrocement foundation
(hopefully in one continous pour keeping all the elves very busy),
would work. Of course the interior and exterior would be covered
with water resistant plaster The building site is mostly cinder rock
and pebbles and very dry dirt (until you reach the frost line then
it's just dirt) East of Sunset Crater in Northern Arizona. Codes
aren't an issue yet and we're all trying to keep it that way as there
are several straw bale and other non-conforming kinds of dwellings in
the hood. We've managed to get a hold of ten acres to play with and
plan to go with papercrete all the way around. With all my ducks
lined up I'm just waiting for the Monsoon to pass ( I haven't seen
this much rain here in over ten years and it's badly needed). As the
picture shows the carefully constructed candidate about to recieve
the pc treatment is a pier/pole/sticks (2x6) frame which looks like a
boat to my daughter, a plane hanger to my dad and the wife can't say
what it looks like or just won't...any way they laughed at Fulton but
some how I feel like Captain Kirk...beam me up Scottie.

Othello


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/