Friday, July 11, 2014

Re: [papercreters] tow mixer locked



Also, when you made your tow mixer did you first remove the brake shoes?  I've had mine seize up because a brake shoe got stuck to the inside of the drum.  It is an easier fix than tearing the differential apart.  Take off a wheel, remove the drum, take the shoes out and re-assemble.  If it is as frozen as you say and it is because of a seized shoe it will be hard to get apart (think big hammer, long pry bar).  But even if you wreck the drum it is not necessary for a tow mixer, (the edge could get cracked and chipped all you need is the stud for the tire in the middle).


On Thursday, July 3, 2014 4:31 AM, "blazingsaddles@frontiernet.net [papercreters]" <papercreters@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
My tow mixer is several years old and I haven't used it in a couple of years,  I went to use it the other day and the blade will not turn, the mixer will not move forward.   Any ideas on how to loosen it all up?  There is some rust, I don't know if that's the whole reason or what.  I've sprayed it with WD40'w rust dissolver and smacked the blade a few times with a hammer to try to knock it loose but nothing so far.  I'm hoping I don't have to replace the axle,  really hoping!  Anyone else have this happen?




__._,_.___

Posted by: Ron Richter <ronerichter@yahoo.com>



__,_._,___