Friday, November 15, 2013

[papercreters] RE: geodesic papercrete dome cabin



Thanks for sharing these links from all your work!

 

 It's great to see a papercrete dome!!!! 

 

 I think you have made another good point about the shorter strut pieces. One of the goals behind my project is also to make the work simpler and physically light enough so women would be able to confidentially try to build this way. My father is a carpenter and my husband so I've been around many building projects. Now something I've begun to wonder about regarding the hows and the whys to the common methods we use for building today. It seems to me that our building are so heavy also because the building has to hold the weight of the materials as well as protect against the elements. 2ndly I think men unknowingly build to a level that their strength can easily handle. Yet there are so many people that don't have as much strength nor access to the money to build traditionally. I'm very hopeful that we can find ways to build easier and lighter to empower more women who might not have the strong helpers but have the will and brains to do it!

 

Jackie



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___