Sunday, November 3, 2013

[papercreters] Re: 3x3 Trash Pump

Thanks Greg, I may have already solved my problem, which was bake to get PC up two stories high, and I wanted to be able to spray it on the wall if possible. I wanted to use the new trash pump to do this if possible. But it looks like I would still have to have air supply at the point of delivery to do this. I have owned an old air motor powered airless sprayer for years. I used to be able to empty a 5 gal bucket of paint in 15 min, the air powered motor requires a lot of air to power it, which I have. Some roofing companies use this type of airless delivery to alloy AE roofing liqued to roofs, I've never tried to use mine for that, but if it will pump AE, it will pump PC, I'm going to dig it out and give it a try.

In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, Greg House <ghunicycle@...> wrote:

I'm not sure about the pressures involved, but I'd think you'd need similar equipment to what's used for shotcrete, so you might try looking at vendors that supply that industry.

I understand the problem, pressure relief when you want to stop spraying. Not sure I've seen anything designed to directly address that, but I guess you could use a 2-way valve before your nozzle and a 2nd hose to return the unused papercrete to the tank you're pumping from. Sounds like a lot of hassle unless you're planning on spraying




------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to:
http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/