Friday, September 9, 2011

[papercreters] Re: Trash Pump Intake Hose ideas?



 Spaceman wrote:


 <snip> I would be tempted to mount the pump on the
tongue of the mixer and tie it directly into the bottom of
the tank.

----

Thanks!

That shortens the hose and gets rid of nearly all the bends. And I feel so dense for not having thought of it. And that's why I'm so grateful for input from groups like this! Having multiple minds accessible is better than having only one.

Maybe heavy duty RV sewer hose, reinforced like crazy with a couple rolls of duct tape would be adequate for a super short (maybe 2') section of flexi intake pipe if I need a flex section (on either or both ends of rigid pvc pipe) to get from the tank outlet to the pump inlet?  Or -- if I only need about 4 feet of the semi-rigid hose, then $8 foot is OK. 

NEW QUESTION, SPACEMAN:  Would I burn up the pump if I used 2" hose instead of 3" and adapted it at the connector ends. Or, conversely, would I run into problems if I used 4" hose instead of 3"? (I imagine it might not pump at all, but am new to trash pumps...)

-- ken






__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___