Sunday, August 6, 2017

Re: [papercreters] Retiring Papercrete.com after 20 years



Hi Kim,

We are just now trying to recover from the fire.
Trying to do some kind of compound to live on the land.

Hate town and city life.

So we were out cutting down and digging stumps so we can move rv and campers.

Life has to be free and creative. May use some PC for a She Shed.

Calle

From: Kim Travis gartht@windstream.net [papercreters]
Sent: Sunday, August 6, 2017 4:49 PM
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Reply To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Retiring Papercrete.com after 20 years

 

Good to hear you are still rocking Charmaine!  Garth and I are working on our house finally, that is when the farm doesn't interfere and it is not raining.  I will come and find you on facebook.  Hopefully with pics of what we are doing, soon.


On 8/6/2017 4:20 PM, 'C. C. Visnesky' charmainertaylor@gmail.com [papercreters] wrote:
 

​Hello all 'creators...well I tried to 'retire' in 2009..sold the bigger dirtcheapbuilder.com bookstore to a guy in MT..and kept my papercrete site with all the  Alt Building guides and CDs,  out of print/hard to find booklets on natural building going until right now.  So I am keeping the papercrete.com Domaine Name for now..but giving up an active website.

I am working (no where near done) on a Facebook page also 'papercrete.com' ..and people who want to find me will..so In case anyone asks..now you know.     https://www.facebook.com/dirtcheaphome/

I hate it when someone disappears..like FERNCO METALS whose shop burned down, so they just quit making Cinva Rams (from plans they got from me) and didn't tell anyone!!    I still get questions looking for them.     Not sure if they had no business insurance, or didn't save design/machoine tool files to recreate all the work they had done. I know there is still a strong market to buy ready made ones. I tried to buy the fernco name from them just to keep awareness, but the owner didn't respond.. I know the devastating fire and his age were factors.

 Anyway... hope all of you never stop playing with 'crete in some form!!  Thanks for the memories!

Charmaine
​Taylor​


Charmaine Taylor/Publishing & Elk River Press
www.papercrete.com
​  <<CLOSING Aug  8 at midnight.  ​ replaced by a facebook page

"Pleasure is a shadow, wealth is vanity, and power a pageant; but knowledge is ecstatic in enjoyment, perennial in frame, unlimited in space and indefinite in duration."
Dewitt Clinton

 


Virus-free. www.avast.com




__._,_.___

Posted by: valledecalle@yahoo.com



__,_._,___