Sunday, August 6, 2017

Re: [papercreters] Retiring Papercrete.com after 20 years



Good to hear you are still rocking Charmaine!  Garth and I are working on our house finally, that is when the farm doesn't interfere and it is not raining.  I will come and find you on facebook.  Hopefully with pics of what we are doing, soon.


On 8/6/2017 4:20 PM, 'C. C. Visnesky' charmainertaylor@gmail.com [papercreters] wrote:
 

​Hello all 'creators...well I tried to 'retire' in 2009..sold the bigger dirtcheapbuilder.com bookstore to a guy in MT..and kept my papercrete site with all the  Alt Building guides and CDs,  out of print/hard to find booklets on natural building going until right now.  So I am keeping the papercrete.com Domaine Name for now..but giving up an active website.

I am working (no where near done) on a Facebook page also 'papercrete.com' ..and people who want to find me will..so In case anyone asks..now you know.     https://www.facebook.com/dirtcheaphome/

I hate it when someone disappears..like FERNCO METALS whose shop burned down, so they just quit making Cinva Rams (from plans they got from me) and didn't tell anyone!!    I still get questions looking for them.     Not sure if they had no business insurance, or didn't save design/machoine tool files to recreate all the work they had done. I know there is still a strong market to buy ready made ones. I tried to buy the fernco name from them just to keep awareness, but the owner didn't respond.. I know the devastating fire and his age were factors.

 Anyway... hope all of you never stop playing with 'crete in some form!!  Thanks for the memories!

Charmaine
​Taylor​


Charmaine Taylor/Publishing & Elk River Press
www.papercrete.com
​  <<CLOSING Aug  8 at midnight.  ​ replaced by a facebook page

"Pleasure is a shadow, wealth is vanity, and power a pageant; but knowledge is ecstatic in enjoyment, perennial in frame, unlimited in space and indefinite in duration."
Dewitt Clinton

 


Virus-free. www.avast.com


__._,_.___

Posted by: Kim Travis <gartht@windstream.net>



__,_._,___