Monday, September 1, 2014

[papercreters] Shrinkage factor



I'm excited about putting UP a post & beam structure approx 17 X 12 ft. which will include a porch deck.( my new CLAY studio !! )    I*'m plan to frame it our w/ 24 " between  2" X 4" post & larger corner post.  I'm thinking of using papercrete infill between perhaps 1 X 12 tagged on across the beams. horazontally .. & then pour papercrete in the form.  I'm thinking of putting nails / screws in the beams to secure it due to shrinkage.  ( And then fill cracks after drying.) and then .. of course work my way UP each day... to the top.  Expectations on shrinkage.  I hear that more cement will lessen the shrinkage.  Any other tips ?  I probably won't actually start this infix until next spring ... as the season will soon change.  ( N CA )  


           THANKS in advance for any tips or suggested formulas.  The mix I know be 85% pulp... 10 % earth, 5 % portland cement. 


                       In appreciation,  Sir Glenneth- from " the land of Cobb "





__._,_.___

Posted by: glenneth@TheFINE-ARTcafe.org



__,_._,___