Friday, February 11, 2011

RE: [papercreters] Papercrete on exterior?



 

I am a builder with experience with stuccos, OSB, moisture, etc.  I have not used papercrete as yet but have been looking at it for years.  One thing I can assure you is that you don’t want to trap moisture in walls.  You can seal surfaces so they won’t get wet, but moisture will accumulate inside walls especially if the interior is heated.  There are many ways of venting walls and there should be some means for this to happen.  Interior vapor barriers are a solution, but a perfect vapor barrier is seldom if ever achieved.  I haven’t been monitoring this group lately but I’m sure there are others with more experience that can offer suggestions I haven’t considered. 

Janosh


To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: n2art25@yahoo.com
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2011 20:38:57 +0000
Subject: [papercreters] Papercrete on exterior?

 

I have a house with siding right now. I want to give it a look of natural plaster.......I am ready to pull siding and add OSB and chicken wire. Would paper crete work like a stucco? Has anyone tried it? I live in Southeastern Oklahoma right on the lake, hot, humid summers and know I will have to add something to help waterproof. This house is going to be a central point and has to be retrofitted.

Annalis



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___