Saturday, February 12, 2011

[papercreters] Re: Updates please?

Hi Judith,Clair from Alberta Canada,we are just waiting for the snow
to melt (another month hopefully lol)and will start rebuilding the press and making a convayor to move the pre drained mix to the press.Im working for a large fab shop now running their paint shop so have use of the shear and break plus a big scrap bin.We have a order for the spring of 2012 so this is the year to get things up and running.We also found a pice of land with 10 acres and a big dugout of water,so its just what we needed.Will send some pics once we get going again.
--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, JUDITH WILLIAMS <williams_judith@...> wrote:
>
>
> I'm pet sitting and feeling a bit cabin feverish so am going through all old group emails that I have saved for various reasons. These go back about 2 or 3 years - whenever this group got started.
>
> Anyway, a lot of people wrote about interesting and exciting projects they were planning and starting. I would love to see some updates. How about it?
>
> I haven't been doing any mixing in the cold weather but have managed to get some windows installed and am trying to set up a small crew to help with installing the doors. Wnen I get home next week I am going to get started on my interior plaster. The walls came out pretty irregular (even with the slip forming. I am learning the importance of getting those forms just right) so they need to be smoothed out with a papercrete plaster. If I remember correctly I used a mix of 1/2 paper and water slurry and 1/2 clay soil. What I've done looks pretty good so far. One thing I'm doing that seems to help is to make batches of papercrete without the cement - just paper and water. I pour it into the block mold and let it dry. Then when I want to make a batch of plaster I take some of the dry paper stuff, break it into a 5 gallon bucket, add water and clay soil and mix it with thed rill and paddle mixer. This way I have it in small amounts and don't feel the pressure of having to use up a huge amount of material. This is just for the scratch and brown. The finish plaster will be something smooth and lovely.
>
> So anyway to those who have projects going or have some finished ones I would love to see what you have accomplished. Pretty soon we'll be back in the good weather and there will be less time for writing.
>
> They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
>
> ~ in Memoirs of the Life and Writings of Benjamin Franklin
>
> Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog
>
> More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/