Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Papercrete can begot papercrete



Perry said "I figure if I put one of those super super thin plastic wastebasket liners the kind that would be in offices,"

I had to put some brick forms on ground that was not sand but grass and leaves, and I will tell you that even though the bricks are not that even, and don't need wire mesh to hold stucco, they take impressions very well.  I have some perfectly preserved leaf and grass blade impressions in brick.  That will keep the paleo-geologists scratching their heads in 1000 years!

If your project is small (molding PC) you may want to try some hairspray.  When I was younger I built a number of white water kayaks and to get the deck and hull to separate from the mold I first waxed the mold with Johnson&Johnson paste wax (no buffing so it was fully covered), and then a liberal coat of hairspray.  I did actually use hairspray once when I ran out of what I actually used which was the industrial equivalent of hairspray.  They were identical only with the industrial stuff you weren't paying extra for the smell and small pressurized can.

Using even a "super thin plastic garbage " leave crease marks on any compound curve.  If this is not a problem then cancel all the above.

Ron


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___