Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Re: [papercreters] Re: Progress on the current project

Could be a work filter, could be a codec. The video does not show much except pc flowing out the hole in the bottom/side of the drum. I'll try to get it into a different format later when I get some tuits. I'll also try making some more videos the next time I'm mixing (Wednesday), but I don't want to get the camera too close to the mixing process since there is a lot of splashing going on. It is very easy to get a face full of pc from splash back. A full face mask is recommended. An inline water filter would probably be a good idea to avoid frequent pump cleaning.

A smaller power washer would certainly do the job with paper. I have a tendency to throw other stuff into my mix like recycled pc, cardboard, things that are a little tougher. As I said on the web page, washers run from fairly cheap to very expensive.  The one I bought was selected by comparison with others locally available, with price being not as important as overall quality and ratings. Some of the mixers I looked at could have been made by Mattel, they looked like toys. There was another model very similar to mine for about half the price, and I was very tempted. I'm hoping that the power reserve I have will make it last longer since I can run at less than full capacity. At some point Curtis may come up with that three tip header he mentioned a while back, and I'm ready for it.

The way I mix the portland cement with the washer is to throw it into the drum once it is about 75% full, when most of the paper is pulped. By the time I get the drum full and all the paper pulped, the portland is well mixed throughout the drum.

Spaceman

Ernie Phelps wrote:

Could not get the video to load, perhaps work is filtering it, dunno. Will check again once I get home.  For those of you out there with less to spend, it can be done with a smaller pressure washer. I mix mine in a plastic 40 gallon trash can, with a 2500 psi / 2.3 GPM troybilt. Only problem I have had so far was having to disassemble and clean the unloader valve and wands from the trash in my house water (ewwww).  I don't mix the portland with the washer (want to see the video and see how it works), I use a one bag cement mixer which works fine or a gas powered (4 / 5 bag?) mortar mixer which works awesome.   - Ernie   ------------------------------------  Yahoo! Groups Links  <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/  <*> Your email settings:     Individual Email | Traditional  <*> To change settings online go to:     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join     (Yahoo! ID required)  <*> To change settings via email:     mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com      mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com  <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:     papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com  <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/    
 
No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.173 / Virus Database: 270.8.0/1724 - Release Date: 10/14/2008 2:02 AM
__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___