Saturday, August 15, 2009

RE: [papercreters] Electric mixers with papercrete



I'm sorry to hear that you were put off by all the nervous nellies. I've never used a small mixer myself for papercrete but in the past have mixed up plaster, grout, thinset and things like that. It seems there are a lot in this group who use electric drills and such to mix papercrete in 5 gallon buckets. What is the problem with that? Anyone with half a brain knows you have to be careful about the cords lying in water or you standing in a puddle. It's just common sense. Well I guess I've had my say and managed to not include one single practical idea or solution to your problem.

Sincerely, Judith

Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith




i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me



To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: evelynanne8@gmail.com
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 10:21:23 -0700
Subject: [papercreters] Electric mixers with papercrete

 
Sometime ago I posted asking about what electric mixer would be good for papercrete. I got so many warning about using electric mixers that I now find myself afraid to try it! I was trying to get a project done for the Pail O'papercete competition, got all my material together, borrowed a mixer and then it happened, I hit a wall, told myself lots of excuses why I didn't have the time to begin. The mixer I borrowed was the same mixer that I have used many times for mortar, grout, plaster when working a remodel job. The contractor I work with thinks I am being silly due to the fact that I have had so much experience and he is one of the most safety conscious person I know.



--
Chinese herbals for the Western Mind
www.ozbotanicals.com
Skype~eve8mon





__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___