Saturday, December 4, 2010

Re: [papercreters] Re: Petrefied Hessian

Well when asking a question a little bit more information will go a long
way. As I said before, I have not made this yet, but I assume that, going
by the ingredients, it would be suitable for such a task.

Wayne

> Excuse me but the reason I questioned about underground is because I am
> thinking of a snake proof fence which would need about 1 ft underground in
> a very dry climate. I am also "exploring" and "learning" No I have not
> built anything before, but there is always a first and when I get to the
> point of actually building I assure you that by that time I will know more
> about this.
>
> --- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne" <huon@...> wrote:
>>
>> I posted the recipe. I have not made the product yet. I live in
>> Australia, you probably live somewhere else. For crying out loud
>> people,
>> if you can't work these basic things out for yourself then how can you
>> be
>> capable of constructing a dwelling fit to live in????????
>>
>> What happened everyone's ability to do things for themselves. I
>> thought
>> this was a forum full of practical and capable people. After all the
>> replies I have had on this one I am doubting my original thoughts on
>> that.
>>
>> Wayne
>>
>>
>> > how much $ per sq ft would this probably work out to? Would it hold
>> up
>> > underground as well? how about earthquakes?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>>
>> >> My metric conversion skills are not too good, so could
>> someone
>> >> convert the recipe for me. Using 5 gallons of water instead of
>> >> litres and going from there?
>> >>
>>
>> >>
>> >> I am also wondering what this is used for. I have been
>> >> negotiating with someone about taking own a large metal
>> >> building so I could use it for porch roofs but had not heard
>> >> back from the guy until yesteray. So I thought I would get an
>> >> old billboard and paint it with something to stifffen it up.
>> >> Is this the sort of thing you would do with the Hessian?
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>
>> >>
>> >> How big of a building could you build with this? Could you
>> use
>> >> it as a waterproof coating for rammed earth, papercrete or
>> >> strawbale?
>> >>
>>
>> >> >
>> >> > After many weeks of painstaking research I have came
>> across
>> >> the recipe for
>> >> > Petrified Hessian as use here in Australia since the war
>> and
>> >> still used
>> >> > today, so I will print it here and appreciate any
>> feedback,
>> >> especially
>> >> > from anyone that tries it. I live in a very wet
>> environment
>> >> and will post
>> >> > feedback as to how it goes here.
>> >> >
>> >> > Wayne
>> >> >
>> >> > Petrified Hessian
>> >> >
>> >> > 5 liters water
>> >> > 5.5kg cement
>> >> > 900g lime
>> >> > 450g salt
>> >> > 225g alum
>> >> >
>> >> > Apply the mix immediately to the hessian with a stiff
>> brush,
>> >> first outside
>> >> > then inside. After the initial wetness goes but before
>> the
>> >> mix sets apply
>> >> > a second coat to the outside. When this final coat sets
>> the
>> >> material will
>> >> > be hard and strong. The mix should cover about 8m square.
>> >> Keep the
>> >> > surface damp for 3 days by spraying it with water.
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> >>
>> >> No virus found in this message.
>> >> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
>> >> Version: 10.0.1170 / Virus Database: 426/3288 - Release Date:
>> 11/29/10
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>
>
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/