Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Re: [papercreters] thin panels



From what I've seen, PC doesn't really bond too well to much of anything because of the shrinkage. If you have chicken wire attached to the frame then that should hold the panel in place but you might end up with voids around the frame. My first thought is to make the panel cover the frame edges and then use a few screws to pull it tightly against the wood.

Your English is fine :)

 


On 8/13/2014 12:20 PM, claudebouzerand@yahoo.com [papercreters] wrote:

Hi,

I intend to build a ktbh(kenyan top bar hive) with papercrete panels .I prefer to assemle it from flat panels made with permanent wood frame filled with papercrete.I already successfully experriment a papercrete hive roof,a round conical one ,with chicken wire(60% paper,40%  cement) but the edge is too fragile.It's the reason I want a wood frame 1" thick and +-2" large and a chicken wire  to reinforce the panel.I am aware of the shrinking .What could I use to insuire good "bonding" of the papercrete to the wood frame? I thank you for your replies and my apologies for bad english

Claude B/

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4744 / Virus Database: 4007/8029 - Release Date: 08/13/14




__._,_.___

Posted by: spaceman <spaceman@starship-enterprises.net>



__,_._,___