Saturday, August 30, 2014

Re: [papercreters] Brand new



I'm pretty useless but the pros who will be along later would be better equipped to provide answers if you disclose your general location. How cold it gets and humidity levels have a huge impact on drying time.
There may also be someone in your area who would let you come around to help/learn.


Good luck.


On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 11:12 PM, checkyourbrakes2@yahoo.com [papercreters] <papercreters@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Hi all!  I'm brand new to yahoo groups in general and this page and papercrete in particular.  I've been offered an opportunity to rent on an acre of land.  I'm excited, and want to take the offer, but must come up with a housing plan.  I am a single mom and part time student.  Do you think it's possible to get a tiny house built before mid October? (when it usually starts getting cold here)

If I need something to hold me through the winter.  Would papercreting the inside of a used shed (made of plywood) prevent the off gassing of formaldehyde from the walls? and get us through the winter?  There are plenty of sheds for sale for $250-1000.  What would it cost, approximately, to cover the internal walls with papercrete?  Would it still be safe to use a wood burning stove?

How do I find out how people start their walls?

I know this is a lot of questions in one.  Sorry for that.  I'm looking forward to the words of those wiser than myself.  Thank you!





__._,_.___

Posted by: David Jungeblut <freightlimo@gmail.com>



__,_._,___