Thursday, May 29, 2014

Re: [papercreters] Re: Whom is doing which



Greetings,
Yes the roof will be papercrete, covered by petrified hessian.  I am picking up all the mistints from the local Sherwin Williams, so at a buck a gallon, I can afford to do this.  However, it will be fall probably by the time I am ready to start that part.  The logs must be installed first, and that will be a huge job.  We have decided the walls need to go in before the roof.

Does anyone have a favorite place to get waste vinyl from?  I would prefer not to have to pay shipping from Minnesota.
Kim Travis  The Rose Colored Forest  Bedias, Texas
On 5/28/2014 4:41 PM, Murry Holley murry.holley@yahoo.com [papercreters] wrote:
 
Hello Kim:)
Your project sounds very exciting. 
I am not familiar with the term "reciprocal roofs." Are you planning on using papercrete for the roof?  If so I would be very interested in your construction details. 

I am trying to evaluate the possibility of a papercrete roof for my house. I have concern about sealing the papercrete. Any insight you have and can provide is most appreciated.

Thanks and best wishes
Murry Holley
San Marcos, TX
On Monday, May 26, 2014 9:16 AM, "Akshay Sahu akshaysahuarchi@gmail.com [papercreters]" <papercreters@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
yes of course but currently i am travelling and dont have the exact data, but the average compressive strengths for my mixes tested on bricks of size 200mm x 100 mm x 80 mm was around 0.753 to 1.12 N/sqmm. I didnt use any other admixtures other than just plain newspapers and OPC cement weighed according to their dry weight. Will send the exact proportions with densities and strengths afterwards.


On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 9:01 PM, spaceman Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net [papercreters] <papercreters@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 
Would you care to share formulas and results?


On 5/23/2014 11:59 PM, Akshay Sahu akshaysahuarchi@gmail.com [papercreters] wrote:
i had tested bricks made up of papercrete in my college for their compressive strengths.


On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 3:48 PM, Kim Travis gartht@windstream.net [papercreters] <papercreters@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 
Greetings,

We are still working on the model of the house.  I am going to start building this summer, which means we will be into doing the papercrete by August at the latest.  First we need to build the reciprocal roofs.  I finally figured out how to get what I want in the way of a patio without the extra posts in my way, it took some good skull sweat, but like all good solutions, it looks obvious once you find it.<grin>
Kim Travis  The Rose Colored Forest  Bedias, Texas



No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4592 / Virus Database: 3950/7541 - Release Date: 05/22/14




No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4592 / Virus Database: 3950/7577 - Release Date: 05/28/14




__._,_.___

Posted by: Kim Travis <gartht@windstream.net>



__,_._,___