Sunday, July 22, 2012

Re: [papercreters] OK...dumb question...



Yay!  Thanks Judith!  I will follow in your footsteps and trust in the "forgiving" part.  Some bloggers are way off the techie scale for my small projects.  Started looking at your little house last night, but it got kinda late.  Thanks for the help...I so appreciate your efforts and the fact that you're willing to take the time to chronicle your work...keep it up!  Blessings today...
Lynne

From: JUDITH WILLIAMS <williams_judith@hotmail.com>
To: papercreters papercreters <papercreters@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2012 6:13 AM
Subject: RE: [papercreters] OK...dumb question...

 
I soak the paper and use that when I measure. I notice the insulation shrinks down some when it's wet. I would say the most important thing is to be consistent. Having said that I will add that I am not too particular about measurements. I just get it close. I find papercrete is very forgiving. But I am just doing this for myself. I suppose that if I were doing this professionally or for another person I would be more precise.



Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog

More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith


> To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
> From: gartht@windstream.net
> Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 06:39:19 -0500
> Subject: Re: [papercreters] OK...dumb question...
>
> Greetings,
> The whole point of giving the recipe as a ratio is that you can use what
> you have to measure as long as you are consistent. So, if you have a
> scale that can handle it, use weight. Or bucket measures, or shovel
> measures or a measuring cup if doing small test batches. So, if you are
> using a gallon measure, use a gallon measure just be consistent.
>
> Bright Blessings,
> Garth & Kim Travis
> www.TheRoseColoredForest.com
> Bedias, Texas
>
> On 7/21/2012 6:55 PM, lynne wrote:
> > I get 1:1:1 ratio, or whatever, but if we're talking volume, i.e., 1
> > gal, are we using 1 gal of paper mash, or...? How do I measure
> > paper...dry, pounds, wet...? My needs are for small projects, working in
> > a 5 gal bucket. Thanks pros!
> >
> >
> >
> > No virus found in this message.
> > Checked by AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
> > Version: 2012.0.2178 / Virus Database: 2437/5146 - Release Date: 07/21/12
> >
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/
>
> <*> Your email settings:
> Individual Email | Traditional
>
> <*> To change settings online go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
> (Yahoo! ID required)
>
> <*> To change settings via email:
> papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
> papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
>
> <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
> <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___