Thursday, March 15, 2012

Re: [papercreters] Cutting Blocks was: Manners



I have cut 4" panels with a circular saw, and I believe Judith cut many blocks with a table saw. That would yield some precise blocks, I'm sure Judith can tell you more.

I found that I didn't have to worry too much about going all the way through, once you get most of the way they will snap off, though if you want a really smooth edge you might not want this.

A few years back I had a gang working on a small dome and they were trimming the panels with a bow saw like you find in the camping section of stores. It wasn't as fast as the circular saw but worked fine for a bunch of 20 somethings with lots of energy.

spaceman

On 3/15/2012 3:49 PM, ifilmswest wrote:

Getting ready to cut to size regular PC blocks can anyone suggest the best power tool type and blade...the blocks weigh about 60 lbs each...the last suggestion about the seized coupling on the power washer worked... that probably saved me at least a half case of Scotch...so thanks in advance. 


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___