Thursday, October 8, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Re: tiles



Hi Nia,
I have done several tiles using an old tin ceiling tile as a pattern, they turned out really pretty. T
They  are easy to screw onto an existing ceiling then paint. 
I used regular cement, paper plus water. I did not do it real wet. Needs a good drying time.
 
Doris

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 10:52 AM, sedona62 <slthompson62@yahoo.com> wrote:
 


> > Hello,
> >
> > Does any one in the group know how to make lite weight tiles that can be use in bathrooms or kitchens?
> >
> > Nia

Are you looking for tiles specifically made out of papercrete? For bathroom and kitchen floors or walls? For walls, and honestly, I personally haven't come up with any "formula" yet, but I thought I might try mixing plaster and fly ash, and pour in a ready made form. Another option was grout and plaster to get a smoother texture. (The grout and fly ash would work to harden the plaster more.) What about papermache pulp (the kind you get in craft stores), and add some fly ash to it, then seal? I haven't tried those yet, but just some ideas.

You can also make lightweight tiles with polymer clay.(for walls)

BTW, I'm new, and just sharing my ideas and 2 cents worth :)




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___