Sunday, October 4, 2009

RE: [papercreters] Re: Gathering Picture question



The black pipe is for a future water line.

Someone mentioned your t lock system at the gathering. I'm not too good at getting around the computer and can't remember having seen your pictures before. Can you send me the link so I can see them? I am very much in favor of anything that makes building easier.

Sincerely, Judith

Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith




i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me



To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: criswells.ok@sbcglobal.net
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 02:00:21 +0000
Subject: [papercreters] Re: Gathering Picture question

 

I get the idea of what you are doing with the upright corners, these
will hold your slip forms as you move the forms up, you will screw the
slip forms to the corners each pour. This process is very similar to my
T lock idea, except I don't have to screw to the corners, by pouring the
T lock blocks six inches apart, as I go around the building, leveling
and plumbing as I go, each course supports the forms above. I can pour a
25' run if needed to be that long (leaving 6" between blocks) and at any
point I can turn the corner and pour the next length. This can be done
completely around the entire building and once I at the POB (starting
point) I can start the next course. Moving my T locks and skirting as I
go. All supported by the blocks below.

Thanks for the reply I now see how your building is anchored to the
earth, I was afraid that it was not anchored to the rubble trench but
now I see understand it is anchored at each corner. What is the black
pipe sicking up inside and outside the building for?

Bob the builder
--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, JUDITH WILLIAMS
<williams_judith@...> wrote:
>
>
> I set those into the concrete when it was set up a little bit. I
decided it wasn't worth it so just did it on one corner.
>
> I poured concrete at each corner 16 inches deep and 8 inches above
grade, 14 inches square. Between those corners I put a rubble trench
foundation with large rocks in the bottom and gravel over that.
>
> Sincerely, Judith
>
> Check out my new Squidoo Lens at
http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith
>
>
>
>
> EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
> Join me
>
> To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
> From: criswells.ok@...
> Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 01:03:43 +0000
> Subject: [papercreters] Gathering Picture question
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> So us dummies can understand what you guys are doing. What are the
hurricane straps for? What are they embedded in, papercrete or concrete?
Did you screw the 2x4's to them? Or are they just for alignment? If it's
papercrete how long did it have to set before it was strong enough to
hold the straps?
> Thanks
>
> Bob the builder
>




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___