Sunday, October 4, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Ev's pictures



I would guess that you have a chipped gear, and maybe a chunk of metal is getting caught between gears. Move the tongue to the other side so you are towing the other direction and you can keep using that differential. Mine has been working like that for years, after chipping teeth. I'm still gathering data on whether making the mixer so that the blade rotation is counterclockwise (from the top) makes a difference.

Of course you could always just mix in reverse  : )

spaceman

Ron wrote:

So to those of you that went to Judith's I see from Ev's pictures for some reason you upended a mixer and took the bottom off the differential.  Had it failed?  What did you discover when you opened it up?  I mentioned that I will be doing the same thing when I get back to Montana and my mixer. One of my wheels locks up mixing a load.  When I go in reverse it does not lock up.  Still mixes with the one wheel turning but eventually I'll put deep ruts in the driveway dragging the recalcitrant wheel :)   Any insights would be helpful.  Ron      
   


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___