Tuesday, October 6, 2009

[papercreters] Re: Papercrete wall for patio

Sure Doris: Say when. The beauty of Mountainaire is I can make it a day trip without having to worry about my dog and a place to stay. I live in Edgewood. I'll come out and help you on a Sat-Sun, and /or Mon after 10/17. I got to thinking maybe we could make up pieces of my wall at your place or in EDGEWOOD where I live and i'd transport them to the site ready made. That may be a GOOD idea. Judith-I'll call you soon.

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "yakishome" <dorisburton03@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> --- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, JUDITH WILLIAMS <williams_judith@> wrote:
> >
> >
> > Sounds very interesting. I would say it's a good method of forming a wall. I used to live in that area on the Goldmine Road in Cerrillos. I am now here in Abiquiu. I am fully into the construction mode on my little building. Sorry I can't travel down there and work with you. If you would ever like to spend a day or so in Abiquiu I would be happy to have some help on my project. That goes for anyone else who has time and would like some papercrete experience. I am doing a modified slip form method which is working out very well so far. Please keep us posted on your progress. Sounds like you will come out with a very nice wall.
> >
> > Sincerely, Judith
> >
> > Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
> > Join me
> >
> > To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
> > From: judithjberns@
> > Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 15:44:15 +0000
> > Subject: [papercreters] Papercrete wall for patio
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi Everyone: I'm a newbe to the group and could use some help on my first papercrete project this FALL. The place is 40 glorious acres only 4 miles off the Turquoise Trail outside Madrid (about a 1/2 hr from Santa Fe).
> >
> > I'd have to use your mixer and bring in lots of paper. I plan to use the system I found on papercreteparadise.blogspot.com
> >
> > He put down a layer of cement blocks with t posts or rebar in one of the two block holes and cemented that in. Then he put up plywood slip forms to pour the pc slurry into. I loved the results.
> >
> >
> >
> > Would anyone like to join me for a day or two or three?
> >
> > Judith 918-916-7236
> >
> Hi Judith
> We are also new to papercreters, we just joined Judith Williams a week ago up in Abiquiu for the first papercreate gathering.
> We live in Mountainair NM on 40 and started this huge project back in December, we are moving along quite well, I would say we are about 3/4 done on the walls, it will be a total of 700 SF when completed.
> We would love to have you come see us and give a hand on our project, then we would in turn come to your place and help you. We have a mixer that we would be happy to loan you if we can get to gether and exchange some work.
>
> Doris 505-847-9603
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/