Sunday, October 4, 2009

[papercreters] Re: Gathering Picture question

I'll take some more current one's tomorrow, there are some old ones in
the "Bobs Siding & Blocks" folder in the photo section. The reason I
said I could run 25' If needed is because the red iron comes in 25'
joints. The very first course on the footing (provided you start with a
level 12"wx16"d footing) using the same T Lock forms would be poured
with concrete (this would serve the same purpose as concrete blocks
(only concrete blocks are usually 8"x16" , and that don't match the size
of wall we are pouring (12"). Once the first course of 6"x12"x24" is
poured the next course would be papercrete (one might want to pour the
6"x6"x12" pocket with concrete and at the same time pour papercrete on
top of that. This would give a entire bottom course of 16"x12"x24"
concrete on top of the level 12"x16" footing, all the other courses
would be papercrete (or in my situation Cemcell Adobe or Padobe. The
mixture sets up very quickly and if I pour in the evening when I get off
work, by next morning it is hard enough to knock on and it sounds solid.
It will actually support the weight of the forms above within about 4
hours (that is summertime pours) I'm not sure how it will work in cooler
weather. I intend to continue pouring my siding all winter long. I have
found a way to shred cardboard I will post some pictures tomorrow of the
cardboard shredded.

Bob the builder
P.S. I don't have to use red iron. If I want to I could use 2x6 lumber
just as easy. It's a lot cheaper but will not last as long as the red
iron, and the red iron is never crooked.


--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, JUDITH WILLIAMS
<williams_judith@...> wrote:
>
>
> The black pipe is for a future water line.
>
> Someone mentioned your t lock system at the gathering. I'm not too
good at getting around the computer and can't remember having seen your
pictures before. Can you send me the link so I can see them? I am very
much in favor of anything that makes building easier.
>
> Sincerely, Judith
>
> Check out my new Squidoo Lens at
http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith
>
>
>
>
> EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
> Join me
>
> To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
> From: criswells.ok@...
> Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 02:00:21 +0000
> Subject: [papercreters] Re: Gathering Picture question
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I get the idea of what you are doing with the upright corners, these
>
> will hold your slip forms as you move the forms up, you will screw the
>
> slip forms to the corners each pour. This process is very similar to
my
>
> T lock idea, except I don't have to screw to the corners, by pouring
the
>
> T lock blocks six inches apart, as I go around the building, leveling
>
> and plumbing as I go, each course supports the forms above. I can pour
a
>
> 25' run if needed to be that long (leaving 6" between blocks) and at
any
>
> point I can turn the corner and pour the next length. This can be done
>
> completely around the entire building and once I at the POB (starting
>
> point) I can start the next course. Moving my T locks and skirting as
I
>
> go. All supported by the blocks below.
>
>
>
> Thanks for the reply I now see how your building is anchored to the
>
> earth, I was afraid that it was not anchored to the rubble trench but
>
> now I see understand it is anchored at each corner. What is the black
>
> pipe sicking up inside and outside the building for?
>
>
>
> Bob the builder
>
> --- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, JUDITH WILLIAMS
>
> williams_judith@ wrote:
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > I set those into the concrete when it was set up a little bit. I
>
> decided it wasn't worth it so just did it on one corner.
>
> >
>
> > I poured concrete at each corner 16 inches deep and 8 inches above
>
> grade, 14 inches square. Between those corners I put a rubble trench
>
> foundation with large rocks in the bottom and gravel over that.
>
> >
>
> > Sincerely, Judith
>
> >
>
> > Check out my new Squidoo Lens at
>
> http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
>
> > Join me
>
> >
>
> > To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
>
> > From: criswells.ok@
>
> > Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 01:03:43 +0000
>
> > Subject: [papercreters] Gathering Picture question
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > So us dummies can understand what you guys are doing. What are the
>
> hurricane straps for? What are they embedded in, papercrete or
concrete?
>
> Did you screw the 2x4's to them? Or are they just for alignment? If
it's
>
> papercrete how long did it have to set before it was strong enough to
>
> hold the straps?
>
> > Thanks
>
> >
>
> > Bob the builder
>
> >
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/