Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Re: [papercreters] Salvaged Centrifugal Pumps -was- Re: Mixer update

To pump this stuff, it's my understanding a diaphram pump or peristaltic
pump is best. ?

I would LOVE a PTO driven peristaltic pump . . . that would SO rock. A 4"
peristaltic pump. Yeah, that's what I want. I'd better call Albany and see
if they have such a thing.

Nick's right, Jay, you do inspire the gray cells.

ElfN

----- Original Message -----
From: "slurryguy" <slurryguy@yahoo.com>


> My curiosity just got the best of me.
>
> I just called a local regular old automotive salvage yard.
>
> Me: "Do you have any big centrifugal pumps that big tanker trucks use
> to fill their tanks?"
>
> Salvage Yard: "Lots of them. How big?"
>
> Me: "4 Inch?"
>
> S.Y.: Got several of those sitting on the shelf
>
> Me: "6 Inch?"
>
> S.Y.: "I think we have two on the shelf, let me check."
>
> Me: "How much those things run?"
>
> S.Y.: "$50-$150 depending on the size."
>
>
>
> I suggest calling your local yards to see what they have. Keep in
> mind that this is the PUMP ONLY, no engine or moter for powering it
> will be included.


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/