Thursday, February 7, 2008

RE: [papercreters] Website

I paid to have water delivered when I started out, before I got the tank for the truck and knew how to do things. It was 10 cents per gallon, a lot more now with gas prices up etc. But it was worth it to have the water when I needed it. When you stop to think, every batch takes about 200 gallons and you want to make about 8 to 10 batches a day during the long summer days, that's a lot of water. What part of the Rio Grande are you  near? I am about 16 miles from it.


To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: evolving59@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 19:08:55 -0700
Subject: RE: [papercreters] Website


On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 15:21 -0700, JUDITH WILLIAMS wrote:
> The reason I got my water from neighbors was that I would have needed
> a pump and generator in order to pump water from the river. I have a
> 1750 gallon cistern that I would fill and use for papercrete til I ran
> out of water.
>
>
>
>
> __________________________________________________________
> To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
> From: sire@comcast.net
> Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 21:24:41 +0000
> Subject: Re: [papercreters] Website
>
> Are you close to a river? Which one? Won't you need water
> while you are building a house? How will you fill a cistern
> now or in the future? Are you close to a town?
>
> Neal
I live by the Rio Grandee and can fill a few 50 Gallon drums on my way
to the property. I will have my camper there when I work 125 Gallons of
fresh water to drink. I will have to pay to have it haled to me but I
will collect rain water as I can for non drinking and Hope to have a
well put in as soon as possible after building is done.

>




Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star power. Play now! __._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___